Click HERE for Building Permit Application or other forms or documents.
Building permits are required for the following:
- New construction, additions, and remodeling involving structural items
- Satellite dishes
- Enclosing a garage or carport
- Storage buildings
- Swimming pools
- Covered Decks
If in doubt about whether a permit is required, call the Building Inspector 587-3126 Ext 222.
The City of Martin has adopted the following:
- International Building Code, 2006
- International Residential Code for One and Two Family Dwellings, 2006
- International Fire Code, 2006
- Standard Gas Code, 1991 Edition
- Standard Mechanical Code, 1991 Edition
- Standard Plumbing code, 1991 Edition
- Standard Existing Building Codes, 1988 Edition
- Standard Amusement Device Code
- Standard Housing Code, 1991 Edition
- Standard Swimming Pool Code, 1991 Edition
- Standard Unsafe Building Abatement Code, 1992 Edition
The City has adopted local amendments to these codes.