City of Martin COVID-19 Updates
Tennessee Pledge Guidelines
Gov. Bill Lee established the Economic Recovery Group, a joint effort between state departments, members of the legislature and leaders from the private sector to build guidance to safely reboot Tennessee’s economy. The group is led by Tennessee Department of Tourism Development Commissioner Mark Ezell.
This group is a public-private partnership that will prioritize connection, collaboration, and communication across industries, the medical community and state government. Sammie Arnold will serve as the chief of staff for the Economic Recovery Group. Arnold currently serves as the Assistant Commissioner of Rural Development at the Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development.
State of Emergency: I, Randy Brundige, Mayor of the City of Martin, by virtue of the power and authority vested in me by all applicable laws, including Tennessee Code Annotated § 58-2-110 and Tennessee Code Annotated § 58-8-104, do hereby declare a local state of emergency within the City. May 29th City of Martin Disaster Declaration
City Parks: City Parks are now open as of Friday, May 1st. Facilities to remain CLOSED include: Baseball & Softball Fields, Public Restrooms, and Pavilions. Harrison Rd Ball Fields will also remain closed until further notice.
Please practice social distancing while visiting the parks.
City Buildings: City Building remain in restricted access thru June 19. Martin City Hall & C. E. Weldon Public Library will begin accepting in person appointments. Please call 731 587 3126 or email [email protected] for City Hall or call 731 587 3148 for the Library. All City employees are having daily temperature checks to ensure the safety of others and the community.
Re-opening Procedures for C. E. Weldon Library – Phase 1 (May 4-22)
- By appointment only, we will have 1 computer available for public use. Usage will be limited to essential work, such as unemployment applications, job searches, homework, emails and any work-related activity.Appointments will be scheduled on the hour from 10 am – 4 pm. Please call at 587-3148 for an appointment. Computer use will be scheduled one time per day per person.
- Staff will not be able to provide one-on-one assistance with the computers due to social distancing.
- There will be a 45 minute time limit that will be strictly enforced.
- After each patron is finished with the computer, the computer will be wiped/sprayed with disinfectant.
- All visitors to the library must be wearing a mask or face covering. Temperature will be checked. Visitors must wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before using the computer.
- If printing, faxing and email is necessary, patron must call the library to make arrangements.
- All staff will be required to wear mask while patron is in the library.
- Staff will follow social distancing while working.
- All library materials must be returned in book drop. Each item will be quarantined for 3 days. Each item will be disinfected before being shelved.
- There will be no programs or meetings.
- Patrons will be able to reserve books and DVDs by phone or online. The staff will retrieve the items(s) for the patron and check out the materials to them. Curb-side delivery will continue. At this time, patrons will not be allowed to browse the shelves on their own.
- Frequently touched surfaces and bathrooms will be disinfected hourly.
- Limited hours as follows: Monday – Friday 10 am – 5:30 pm
Utility Billing: Utility Billing will resume as usual as of Monday, May 4th.
City of Martin FEMA Safe Room Guidelines:
COVID-19 Operations at the Gateway Center: Link to FEMA Questionnaire COVID-19 PDF
To protect everyone and flatten the curve of the COVID-19, we are asking that you follow these rules in the emergency situation the Gateway center is used for severe weather.
- Please sit in individual family groups
- Maintain Social Distancing of a minimum of 6 feet apart
- Wash hands frequently
- Anyone presenting with symptoms will be provided a “safe space” to stay with the FEMA Safe Room.
- Everyone of the age 18 and above is required to fill out a COVID-19 Questionnaire upon entering the FEMA Safe Room.
- All Children must stay with their perspective family groups. Please no running, jumping, or playing around the room.
- When the emergency situation is mitigated all personnel must sign out when leaving the Building.
COVID -19 Resource Links:
Local Community Resource Links:
- City of Martin
- Martin Police Dept.
- Martin Fire/Rescue/EMS Dept.
- Weakley County Schools
- Weakley County EMA
- Weakley County Mayor