The Brian Brown Memorial Greenway
The greenway, named for the late Brian Brown, will eventually connect downtown Martin with the city’s west side and the UT Martin campus, providing a pedestrian trail for walking and bicycling.
The greenway was originally financed in 2004 with a $310,000 grant from the Tennessee Department of Transportation Grant, plus $80,000 in matching funds raised by the community.
Phase I dedicated November 14, 2009.
The initial phase features 1.75 miles that starts at the Highway 431 and Skyhawk Parkway intersection and winds east through an old railroad bed and university farmland toward the city.
Please Follow These Rules:
OPEN Dawn to Dusk
THIS IS A MULTI-USE TRAIL
- Show courtesy and respect for all trail users regardless of their mode of travel, speed or skill level.
- Stay in a single line to right pass to left.
- Stay on designated trail.
- Don’t litter. If you carry it in, carry it out.
- Keep pets on a leash not exceeding six feet. Clean up after your pet.
- Do not remove plants or disturb wildlife.
CYCLISTS, SKATERS AND SKATEBOARDERS HAVE SPECIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ride on paved trail only.
- Keep speed moderate and maintain control.
- Yield to pedestrians.
- Give audible signal when passing.
SAFETY IS OUR HIGHEST PRIORITY
- Enjoy the Greenway with a friend – use the buddy system.
- Not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Trail is subject to flash flooding. Exit Greenway immediately during periods of heavy rain or during an electrical storm.
- FIREARMS AND OTHER DANGEROUS WEAPONS.
- DRUGS AND ALCOHOL.
- MOTORIZED VEHICLES.
REPORT PROBLEMS TO:
UT Martin Physical Plant: (731) 881-7640
Martin Parks and Recreation Department: (731) 587-6784
Police Non-Emergency: Martin 587-5355 or UT Martin 881-7777
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION