Programs and Events
Calendar of Events
Community Safe Room
Historic Zoning Commission
Farmers Market & Local Food
Martin Gateway Center
Parks & Recreation
University of Tennessee at Martin
TN Soybean Festival
Annual Martin Beautiful Awards: The 2022 award submissions will be taken now through June 24th. The Martin Beautiful Committee will judge the nominated sites within two weeks after June 24th and determine the winners.
Do you know someone with a beautiful front yard or well-kept business? This is their time to shine! The Martin Beautiful Committee is accepting nominations for the annual Martin Beautiful Awards. Awards are given to owners who have demonstrated the greatest efforts to beautify their property during the year. Award categories include Churches, Residences (Two Winners), Multiple Residences, Business/Commercial, and Adopt-A-Site.
Nominations can be made by phone, please leave a message at 731- 588-2507 or online by filling out the submission form shown below. Please include the address, owner’s name, and phone number if possible. The Martin Beautiful Committee will judge nominated sites between June 27-July 18, 2022. Winners are announced following the decision via local media.
Rules for the nominations are as follows:
- Last year’s winners are ineligible. Residence (two awards): Russ & Shantelle Gilliam & Tim & Stacey McCollum ; Business/Commercial: Moore Dental Office; Church: First United Methodist Church; Multiple Residence: Alpha Gamma Rho ; Adopt-A-Site: Jim & Anna Clark ; Church: First United Methodist Church
- Nominations of Martin sites can be made by anyone in the community.
- A committee or third party can make nominations.
- The landscape of the front and back yards, not architecture, is to be considered.
- The property with the majority of Martin Beautiful Committee votes in its category will be selected.