Farmers Market | Local Food
Calendar of Events
Community Safe Room
Historic Zoning Commission
Farmers Market & Local Food
Martin Gateway Center
Parks & Recreation
University of Tennessee at Martin
TN Soybean Festival
Martin Farmers Market General Information
Come find the freshest locally grown produce & support West Tennessee farmers at the Martin Farmers Market conveniently located downtown. The market is open for the months of May through October. The Martin Farmers Market is open to local vendors who 100% grow, raise, wild harvest, bake, and make, living within 50 miles of the actual market structure.
Days and Times of Sales: Wednesday from 2:00 – 5:00pm; Saturday from 8:00am – 12:00pm. (Vendors may leave as they sell out.)
Location: The Martin Farmers Market is located in Historic Downtown Martin. The structure is between the train tracks and the Lindell St. businesses. The City of Martin provides a market structure that is equipped with electricity, fans, and lighting.
Questions: Email [email protected]
Young Artist T Shirt Design Contest Winner : Shannon Jorgensen
Shirts will be for sale at the Martin Farmers Market on May 27th
Martin Farmers Market Vendor Information
All vendors must apply and be accepted to sell at the market. The Vendor Registration Period is open on Saturday, March 11, 2023 at 10 am, after the Martin Farmers Market Vendor Meeting. Perishable Food Product vendors get preference and approval first. Non-perishable food vendors, Youth vendors, and/or local artisans will be notified of their approval starting April 1st.
Cost of Participation: There are several options available for vendors. Fees include a 10×10 space only. Vendors are responsible for tents, weights, tables, chairs, etc.
- Weekly Fee: $10 for both Wednesday and Saturdays of that week during Market season
- Monthly Fee: $30 starting on the first market day of the month
- Seasonal Fee: $150 for the entire season. This fee also includes a reserved vendor stall for the entire season and additional marketing (*review the “Priority of Vendors” section, and Market Open and Closing Procedures #3).
- Food Truck Fee: 10% of sales return to the Farmers Market. This fee includes electricity, for each market day.
- FREE: Youth, under 18 years of age, may sell at the farmers market for free.
- FREE: Community organizations who want to table at the market will not be charged.
To learn more about becoming a MFM Vendor read all the guidelines here. Information and Guidelines 2023 – Martin Farmers Market (1)
Martin Farmers Market Vendor Application 2023 – Click Here to Apply
Special Events Act Registration Form 2023 – Click Here to Register
Community Organization Application 2023 – Click Here to Apply
Local Food Guide
Partnering with the City of Martin and the University of Tennessee at Martin, a small group of locally minded citizens started a food guide in 2016 to find food that is locally grown, raised and marketed in and around Weakley County.
Now residents throughout the region use the Northwest TN Local Food Guide Magazine to find family farms, farmers markets, locally owned restaurants, food artisans and bakers, farm stores and stands, pumpkin patches, u-pick farms, CSAs, animal products, beekeepers, processors, locally owned plant vendors, and food relief organizations.
The Local Food Guide is published and available at the Martin Farmers Market and the Martin City Hall.
Would you like to be listed? Please provide the following information via email to [email protected] or by telephone at (731) 332-9071.
- Farm Name
- Products (brief description)
- Street Address and City/County
- Phone Number
- Email, Website address, Social media link
- Hours (i.e., M-F 8am-5pm, Weekends only, call ahead)